Lost and Found
Please keep us updated if you find your cat, most people don't bother!
If your cat goes missing, firstly check with;
1) Local Vets
2) Local Animal Rescue Organisations, Cats Protection local branches via www.cats.org.uk and SSPCA (Dunragit) 03000 999 999
3) Neighbours sheds/garages and any other outbuildings
4) Police call 101 to report your cat missing
5) Council Roads Department. For Stranraer area telephone: 01776 706030
6) National pet registers of missing and found animals. Petsearch and Animal search have websites.
Animal search is linked with Cats Protection visit their website on www.animalsearchuk.co.uk
Also, put notices in local shops, especially the vets and pet shops and make 'flyers' for neighbouring houses.
Keep active in your search and check the lost and found pages of the above mentioned charities frequently.
To post your cat missing in Wigtownshire on our Stranraer & District branch website call: 0345 371 2759
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to send us a photo & post one to facebook of your missing cat, you will have a better chance of someone recogising your cat.
Keep in touch with us on facebook www.facebook.com/CatsProtectionStranraer button at bottom of our Home page.
Go to full list of our lost and found cats for more information.